The eir Other Voices Open Call is now open!
The eir Other Voices Open Call, supported by RTE 2FM, is an invitation to artists across Ireland, who produce all genres of music, to submit one track to the eir Other Voices team for consideration. Entries are now open at www.othervoices.ie/content/open-call and will close at 6pm on September 22nd, 2017. Last year, more than 900 acts applied for one performance slot at the IMRO Other Room. The new eir Other Voices Open Call will add authentic value by supporting the chosen artist on their journey to Dingle and beyond. eir’s additional investment wil enable the artist to travel, record music and shoot a video.
The IMRO Other Room is all about shining a light on fresh, exciting music and in previous years it has offered acts such as James Vincent McMorrow, Villagers and Rusangano Family a platform at Other Voices to showcase their music in the early days of their careers.
In December 2015, for the first time, the IMRO Other Room was filmed in front of a live audience as part of the Music Trail. In July 2016 an hour long special on the Other Room aired on RTÉ 2, featuring performances from Saint Sister, Talos, Gavin Glass, Bitch Falcon, HAWK and 2015 Open Call winner Saramai.
The Open Call 2017
The winning applicant will be offered a coveted chance to play the IMRO Other Room infront of a live audience in Dingle at Other Voices 2017.
Applicants must apply with an original piece of work and be free to travel to Dingle between the 1st-3rd of December 2017
Dates are subject to change at the discretion of Other Voices/South Wind Blows
Launch of the eir Other Voices Open Call for submissions
eir Other Voices Open Call closes at 6pm
Applications received after this time cannot be considered
Judging process of the eir Other Voices Open Call begins
Lobbying of judges in this process will result in immediate disqualification
The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Four shortlisted eir Other Voices Open Call acts are announced and made available for preferred public selection online
Details of where this public selection will sit and terms and conditions are as yet to be announced
eir Other Voices Listeners Choice public selection process closes
Selections made by the public after this date and time (to be announced) cannot be considered
An independent adjudactor will tally the public selections received
eir Other Voices Listeners Choice is announced
Terms & Conditions
1. You need to be at least 15 and if under 18 you’ll have to get your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before signing up to the eir Other Voices Open Call.
2. Entries are open to applicants from the Island of Ireland
3. You can submit one audio visual recording of original (non sampled) songs written by you – the tracks have to be owned/controlled by you throughout the world (and any samples need to be cleared) but it’s okay if you have a publisher for your songs.
4. Each recording needs to be submitted via a url. For the purpose of this competition this is limited to YouTube, Spotify and SoundCloud. Please note that it is an advantage to submit a live recording, but not essential.
5. Your recordings and compositions will be promoted on the Other Voices websites and affiliate websites and your submission to the eir Other Voices Open Call indicates permission for Other Voices to do so.
6. Your recordings and compositions will be promoted on the eir websites, affiliate websites and eir social media channels and your submission to the eir Other Voices Open Call indicates permission for eir to do so.
7. A selected panel from Other Voices will generate a shortlist of approximately 20 submissions from the total amount of submissions
8. This shortlist of approximately 20 submissions will be given to an external panel to select the final four submissions to go for public selection
9. At the end of the voting process the most popular submission will be invited to perform in the IMRO Other Room 2nd December 2017. Dates of travel TBC.
10. You must be available to travel to Dingle to take part in the filming of Other Voices between 1st – 3rd December 2017.
11. In addition to the filmed performance in the IMRO Other Room for broadcast on RTÉ the publicly selected band will be also receive the following benefits courtesy of eir:
- Three days in a recording studio with a top engineer
- The production company and budget to create a music performance video
- Travel to & Accommodation in Dingle for the eir Other Voices weekend
- Practical music industry mentoring from the eir Other Voices team
12. Throughout the process, you will be required to engage in promotion of the eir Other Voices Open Call. You will be required for press and PR activations and be available prior and during the eir Other Voices festival to create content with a production company to share via the eir social media channels.
13. Other Voices rights are entirely non-exclusive and there’s no tie-in. You always retain control of your recordings and songs. Other Voices and eir will use your tracks and songs in promotion which will be licensed by you gratis as part of the submission process.
14. As part of your performance in the IMRO Other Room you will be required to sign a broadcast release agreement.